1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ExtremeV optional accessory opinions?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ontario026, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I love my ExtremeV, this is the start of my second yr with it, even got hit the other day by a big truck ( clipped head on - pics in picture forum "extremeV vs big truck thread" ) and it held up pretty good, I wanted to see if anyone was actually running any fisher options on their extremeV plows?

I was thinking about the fisher wings (however, they may not fit properly now after the big truck incident, plus I only do a few commercial properties, and the lots aren't very big, so for my residentials they may be too wide...

And the fisher back drag edge? can it be installed with a used cutting edge? or should it be installed at the same time as a new cutting edge? does it make a big improvement in back dragging?

Thanks for any input
    Matthew

2. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have the backdrag edge on mine I think it helps but I have only used it with one storm so far. Seemed to help also have the Fisher flap kit on mine. Thinking of the wings for mine but need to get some issues with the blade fixed by the dealer first to see if I am keeping it or going to the XLS

3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

what issues are you having?

4. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Had the seal between the motor go out before I even got to use it, now the spring loaded attachment pins are working their way out while plowing, and a bent center cutting edge. The dealer is going to replace the truckside mounts this coming week to see if that fixes it. They ground the burrs off per Fisher's tech line. That only made them come out quicker have less than 10 hrs on this plow.