1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme x blade and Dodge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cookie, Oct 3, 2008.

1. cookie

cookie Member

OK- have an 02 2500 dodge ram with a cummins engine. The dealer says Fisher doesn't recommend the 8 1/2 extreme v for my truck? Anyone else running this set-up? My old girl is heading to the plow dealer on Monday and getting fitted with a brand spankin new plow. I really don't want to go with a strait plow.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on the specifics of your truck (cab, FAWR, etc). Just because its a diesel doesn't necessarily mean Fisher wont allow an 8.6 XV.

3. cookie

cookie Member

it's ext cab long box, front weight is 5200 pds, and its rated for 8800 pds for the whole truck

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, it's the long bed that screws you for a V.. but it's close. ;)

5. cookie

cookie Member

how close?? lol, the truck will handle the plow though......

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Close enough that it isn't recommended...

...but the truck is "capable" of handling it. ;)

7. cookie

cookie Member

hehe - thanks.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ballast or timbrens and your fine. You cant have a dinky plow in front of a monster engine!:nod:

9. cookie

cookie Member

I have a fisher tail gate salt spreader - I think the long old girl is gonna look sharp!

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

So most people that hang all their choices on what's "recommended" are generally concerned with warranty. Your '02 should be long past any warranty coverage, and it's not like you're looking to put a 9.5 on it like some idiots would.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The original poster is from Canada. I wonder if the 105 brake certification issue even applies? Often the limits are based on the FVMSSA rather then the manufacturer. Why for example the Dodge Power Wagon reg cab is not plow certifiable but the crew cab is.

12. haybaler

haybaler Member

I have several dodge diesels with plows. your truck will handle it fine. the reason it's now allowed is because it exceeds the gvwr because they figure the weight with 6 people in the truck.

13. cookie

cookie Member

ahhhhhhhh - that makes sense, thank you haybaler! The only other passenger I may have with me is my Bullmastiff - she is big but not that big!

14. cookie

cookie Member

I was thinking about the strait x-blade, but I don't think I could go back to a strait plow

15. cookie

cookie Member

Well, had our 1st storm of the year last weekend, got quite a dumping too. The old girl worked very well, not only moving the heavy snow but stacking it. going to post some pics this weekend hopefully!