1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Nov 26, 2011.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

How much room is there to get it level on a bigger truck? 2006 f350 with 3 inch lift on 35's. Anybody have any pictures on how much adjustment there is and where it gets adjusted? Local dealer told me under 5 grand to upgrade to the 9'6 stainless V blade from my straight blade.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you have to modify the A-frame on your straight blade, or just use the top hole? Does the blade hit the ground even when angled?

You can move to the top hole in the rear section of the push frame, and there is quite a bit of adjustment in the four bolt connection to the T-frame..

Do you get to keep the old plow for 5 grand?

3. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I modified my a frame so the hole is moved higher up which keeps the a-frame level. Works the same now as it did before.

That 5 grand price is the new plow and harness adapters. I keep my straight blade.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You might have to do the same mod, I'm not sure. Your dealer should be able to tell you real easy.

Price sounds fair for a new plow with warranty. Make sure you get to keep all your old truckside wiring too.

5. gtmustang00

from Berlin

No one has a extreme v plow and a lifted truck?

6. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I have a 2 1/2" leveling kit on my 99' F-250 with 285/75/16 [33"]tires. If my truck was any higher there wouldn't be enough adjustment to get it level.I think you will have to modify it for your truck.I think all you would have to do is weld some steel on where the 2 pins go through the 3 holes on the back of the frame to lower it.

7. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I'm in the same boat with my 2000 FORD, if it was any higher it woudn't level, i just had it installed, my question to you is do you have any issues with float or did you add links to the chain to get enough

8. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I forgot to say, I haven't had time to test it yet, me dealer said if I have float issues to add a link to each side, but then the plow won't hit the stops when I raise the plow all the way up

9. gtmustang00

from Berlin

I think i'll have to modify the mounting just like i did to my x blade like this.

[​IMG]

10. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I didn't add to the chain it works ok but, if it was any shorter it would be hard to get the pins locked when mounting it on the truck.Other than that it works good in float.I have the 4" stops on mine and I don"t think it will even reach the stops with the lift cyclinder.

11. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Nice welds on that A frame mod - mine don't look that good even after i grind themThumbs Up

12. gtmustang00

from Berlin

That's one i found on the internet, but i modified mine the same way and the welds look the same! Had a professional welder weld it up for me. It took him 4 hours he said from start to finish.