1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sodking, Jan 25, 2011.

1. sodking

sodking Member

Minute Mount MY ASS!!!!! MORE LIKE 20 MINUTE MOUNT. THE EXTREME V PLOW NEEDS TO BE PERFECT IN ORDER TO GET IT ON. FISHER GO FIND A BLIZZARD ENGINEER AND BEG HIM TO TEACH YOU HOW TO ENGINEER A MOUNTING SYSTEM.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Did you read the owners manual?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Clearly not, huh.

Take the time to read it, and then look at what your doing wrong....or more over, what you can do to make it work for you.

4. sodking

sodking Member

Been there...read that

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you being serious with this thread or joking around? I can't tell.

Coming from a Minute Mount 1 to my Minute Mount 2, I can get it on the truck in no time at all. Pull in, release the lever, push the headgear up towards the truck until the pins click, pull the handle for the stand and raise all the way up- connect 3 plugs (2 for you) and go. Under 5 minutes for me everytime.

6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

You are definitely doing something wrong. I can get mine on in a minute or less quite easily. Like Plowguy said, it's a pretty basic process.

7. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Definately something wrong, I can do mine in under 2min and 30sec (I have to pickup on the passenger side with a breaker bar because sometimes that side isnt a queit the right heighth.)

8. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

No problems with mine. Best set up I have used.

9. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

i had that happen this morning because i had the plow on uneven ground becasue of the snow and ice in my driveway other than today it goes on quck and it sure beats my old speedcast setup lol.

10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ya thats what my problem is, all it takes is lifting that side 1/8-1/4" and it pops right in...

11. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

yup it happened on my drivers side pin they were locked but i had to get the jack out and just liffted it up a little bit and it locked right in.

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If it's level and it didn't sink down in the ground it should go rite on. I left mine outside once and it sunk down about 1/2 an inch and it took forever to put on. Now I leave it in the garage and it gos on in a little under 2 minutes. It's a pretty slick system IMO.

13. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Don't blame the plow, it's the operator. I put my blade down on 4x4 blocks when I unhook it. Ground is level but on a slight incline and I have no issues. Practice.........????

14. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well you know what they say loose nuts behind the wheel make the ride home a little bit scary:jester:

15. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Drive that bad boy over to Manchester. I'll give you a quick lesson and you can buy me a beer! Win. Win.

16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

One thing I learned a long time ago if you leave it outside and it snows, make sure you cover the part's of the headgear that the mounting horns go into. If snow builds up in there and freezes over, it'll make it a PITA to mount since the horns won't go in all the way. Happened to me once last year, took a good 30 minutes with a hammer and flathead screwdriver to get it all out.

17. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I always put a couple pieces of wood under the blade before dropping. If you do not habe ample slack in the lift chain, you will fight with it for hours. It takes me longer to hook up the wires (pulling them out of the holes in the bumpers) than the mechanical part of the plow.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I had to add more slack chain. The idiots that installed it didn't leave enough slack to eaven get it on.

19. c&msnowplowing

c&msnowplowing Junior Member

No problems with my extreme v...on AND off in less than 2 minutes. Some make the mistake of not putting the blade in "float" mode and pushing down on the lift ram. If it isnt down, you are trying to lift the 960lb plow when you push up on the headgear to mount the plow. As one said, this is the best design I have seen. If you have the luxury of a garage, drop the plow inside. Little trick I use to center the truck to the plow is I have a small piece of tape on my bug shield. Center that with the headgear and drive in. After you have done it a few times it becomes second nature. Practice practice practice. It's not the plow.

20. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I store mine in my pole barn with a dirt floor.I put the plow on a sheet of plywood and I can usually put it on in less than 1 minute.I've only had trouble 1 time when I couldn't drive into it perfectly straight because some stupid S.O.B. [me] stacked hay to far out.I look down the center valley on my trucks hood and drive stright towards the lifting ram.