1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V stacking stops

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Nov 30, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, I've done some reading and it seems that the 4" stops work for some people. But alot of guys are running the EzV 2" stops. I've also read that when the wings and pivot pin loosen up that the 2" stops are a problem. Some guys it seems have cut their 4" stops down to 3" or so. I'm thinking about just making my own stops up. So I'm wondering what everyone thinks is ideal length. 3" seems to work. Has anyone tried to go 2 1/2" or 2 3/4"? Wondering how much difference you get at the edges with such a small change in the stops. I'm looking to improve the edge height when the plow is in V mode. Thanks, Nick

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The 2" were just a bit too short for me. When the plow was in vee the spring would hit the pump cover, especially when I "nudged" something with the plow. I asked the dealer to put a half inch spacer under the stops, he put the 4" stops on instead. I never got around to fiddling with it, but i'm sure a small spacer would have been just right.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

WHy mess with them at all? Is 2" worth possibly breaking something. I hate it when people ask us to stack the snow and I tell our employee's not to stack the snow, it's one thing to push into a pile but my trucks aren't loader's.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The shorter the stops, the further the ends of the plow are from the road. Plus you can stack higher which looks cool.

5. oldmankent

My plow is a bit low when driving on the road in v. Looking to gain all I can. Just went out and mounted the plow. Looks like 3" is as tight as I want to get

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I'll install the 2" from the EZ V's when clearance allows,i've even had a couple guys who thought they were pretty "smart" and removed them completely,1 good smack and the T-frame cracks the plow module under the front cover,seen it more than once Thumbs Up

7. oldmankent

I'm going to just make some 3" stops. 3" works with my chain length and lift piston length at the moment.