1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v ss pricing

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gtmustang00, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

What did you guys pay for your brand new blades? I was quoted $5775 for the 9'6 and $5400 for the 8'6. Install would be $400 for either. I would be doing the install myself.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not that this will help or translate well since whole different prices ranges up here but

We've had a range of prices from $6600 crate to as high as $7400 installed. and several inbetween on a 8.5 ss

NOTE CDN PRICES.

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

For the best price in southern NH, try these guys. http://langscornergarage.com/
    Lang's and Berlin City in Gorham had the best price in ME or NH. I ended up at Berlin City because it is so much closer to me. I think Lang's was $100 less, pretty close. I got mine for $5400 installed with the shoe kit. I think the 9.5 SS was $5800. That was last December.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a good price to me. We paid 5400.00 plus tax for ours installed 4 seasons ago.

5. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Looking at portsmouth ford now. Seems to be good pricing on fisher and they sell a lot of them and carry blizzard plows for less money. Trying to decide if I want to save a few bucks and go with something I do not have any experience with. The blizzard forum is fairly quiet.

6. mjstef

mjstef Senior Member

Crysteel out of MN. has the Fisher 8 1/2' Extreme V Mild Steel Plow w/Hdw & Wiring for $4850 + shipping.

7. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

Has anyone else noticed on the extreme v how the mold board does not even touch the x bracing on all the v's it seems like poor craftsmen ship allot of gaps between the two! Will it cause any problems?

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I've owned mine for 4 or 5 seasons now, the only problem I've had so far has been the original cutting edge. That problem was fixed right away and other than a couple hoses and regular servicing every year, its been flawless. It does rattle a bit but I can deal with that.

9. madness24

madness24 Junior Member

what was wrong with the cutting edges? And thanks for your response back

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I know thats an older post but be careful with them - make sure you check the serial number to make sure your getting a new plow. I've "heard" stories of them selling older units off as brand new. Sometimes thats why they have very low prices. Could've been a one time thing but its better to be safe then sorry.