1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v slow to go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pats plowing, Jan 13, 2011.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I have a three year old extreme v plow. I noticed lately it is very slow going down, also the backdragging ability is pitiful and i doubt it is just the cutting edge. The plow goes up fast and both wings as well. Anyone else have a problem like this, i dont want to mess around with the unit unless i have to. I know there is only float and no down pressure on this plow but it seems even the weight of the blade wont cause the plow to fall completely down and it seems to ride up over snow while backblading. thanks
  2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

There is an adjustment screw [I think its called qwill]under one of the covers that adjusts the down speed.I'd try that first.Otherwise a valve or something is stuck somewhere.