1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme v problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

When I back drag the passanger side wing won't stay in place. I can pull it forward with my hand. It is fine when pushing in all modes Scoop, straight, or angled. Only when backdragging Any ideas? Plow only has been used 5 times.
  2. jaybird

jaybird Member

somtetimes the reliefs get out of adjustment. they are the flat head screws on the manifold. turn them in all the way and then back them out 1.25 turns. then dead head the plow in all directions to set the adjustment. the reliefs hold the pressure of the cylinder.
  3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

x2 on that
  4. cmurphy72

cmurphy72 Junior Member
    from 02360

I had the same thing happen to my brand new xtreme V the first day I was using it after about 4 hours. I made an appt with the install shop and kept plowing for another 10 hours and it started to get better. When I took it to the shop the next day, they checked it all out and said it was fine and most likely it was still some air in the system from being a brand new plow and install. Sure enough it continued to get better and is now fine.
    I wish they would warn you about this when you have a brand new $6K plow!