1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by loggerman, Dec 6, 2009.

1. loggerman

loggerman Member

Got a chance to use it today for the first time and noticed that when you angle it it seems that the sides don't angle evenly? Its like they are out of time with each other! Is this something that is fixeble? or do i have to even them up each time i angle it?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Normal to be off a bit. There is no timing involved at all. My passenger side wing lags behind a bit (only by a second or so) if its way off then there might issues with the plow. Run it awhile and see if its not just air in the lines left over.
  3. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

i go either full vee or scoop and then use just one wing button to open or close it all the way then it is straight, then i angle with the regular buttons, i find the blade stays traight this way,
  4. loggerman

loggerman Member

Mine won't stay staight that way either!
  5. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Something needs adjustment. I don't know how these things work exactly but I would be real suprised if there was no adjustment. Mine angles perfectly even whether it's in the straight position or angled in some sort of way. Hitting left or right, both wings move perfectly even.
  6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Same, when using left and right buttons the both wings move equal. I can go from left to right angle and one wing will be fully retracted other extended for whatever way I have it. going from vee to scoop or back, one wing moves slower for me yes, but when angling equal.
  7. kj330

kj330 Member

when you bought it. the dealer should of done a full walk thru with it and explained the unit to you. this is a common complaint. it really doesnt matter at all. they dont and wont move at the same motion. pass side will always be lagging. it is the valving and there is not a fix for it.