1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V on a f250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by advl66, Nov 29, 2013.

1. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

Calling out you guys with f250s and exv's. How do they handle it? The v and scoop would help me out a lot with the places i plow. im pretty sure my truck has a leveling kit in the front by the looks. It doesnt drop at all with my 8ft straight blade.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What year we talking about Willis?
  3. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

sorry its a 2004
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You will be fine with that plow on that truck. It is a great plow.
  5. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

I run 9/6 XVs on mine, 02 and 06, both have spring upgrades and run ballast. One with older polycaster the other with concrete block. Sure it's big but it works just fine..
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 9'6" V on my 02 F350 Diesel. My plow is over 1,000lbs total and the front doesn't drop, I have the lighter duty front springs too-5200lb rating I believe. You'll be fine.
  7. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I had a 8.5 Western MVP and then a Blizzard 810 on my 2000 F250 and I now have a 9.5 Vee plow on my 2012 F250 and they handle the weight just fine.
  8. RSE

RSE Member

I use the 8'6" ex v on my 04' f250 and have had no issues at all. Perfect set up with a half ton of sand in back. What I like best is that its so nimble when you pull into vee mode the blades hug the body tight and you can make sharp turns real easy. Good luck!!
  9. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

i have a 9.5 xtreme v on my 2002 f250 and it handless it excellently. even fishers webite says it will be fine, and you know when the manufacterer says it will be fine then it def can handle it.
  10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I just got mine and havent plowed with it yet. But my truck carries it great. It dosent feel as heavy as the old ezv either. wesport