1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v motor replacement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pats plowing, Mar 21, 2013.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Any tips on how to replace the motor on extreme v? Last storm the plow just began clicking at a high rate of speed, only way to turn it off is to unplug the battery cable from the truck to the plow. I replaced solenoid and isolation module at plow and still have the clicking. Trying jumping the positive and negative terminals on the plow motor and got no reaction so I believe motor is bad. I looked online and there are diagrams but not for the extreme v in which the motor is basically upside down from a typical mm2 plow. Any tips from those who have done it? Btw this plow is 1.5 seasons old and was not used last year.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It has a 2 season warranty on the plow. Take it to the dealer before the season is over.

3. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

purchase date was oct 2010 so I am unfortunately out of warranty just didnt even use it 2010-2011 due to no snow