1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme -V Lights and oil questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Vinnie, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I actually have two questions about my year old extreme - v plow. First is there any oil other then the fisher ( blue) oil that I could use? If for some reason I need oil in a hurry , is there something I could use that wont cause problems with the pump ect. ? The second question is more serious. When I go back and forth from high beam to low beam , sometimes the controller (headlights) goes back to using the truck lights instead of the plows lights. What is causing this and has this been an issue in the past? I had t pull over and shut my lights completely off and back on again to get them working. I love the plow and have had no issues other then this light thing.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Better off keeping a few spare quarts around. They tell us you can mix ATF if you need to get by but to get the system flushed ASAP.
    As for the headlights I would need to know what truck it is on and what module was used.

Lon

3. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

looks like a 2004ish ford?

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

5. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

My lights on my ex v are doing the same as yours. They won't stay on High beam and switch to the truck lights:realmad: I hope someone can help us.

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

What kind of truck is your,s on? Does it use the same controler I posted? I love the plow but I dont want to only be able to run low beams.

7. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

It's on a 94 dodge v10. I have the fish stik controller. Low beams sure suck. I love the lights though. On high beams I could see whitetails eating in fields 100 yards off the edge of the road. I wish I had them back. I wish someone from fisher would read this and help us out.

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Thats good news and bad.Its not just my style of truck but there is definitley something wrong with the design. I was hoping someone has figured this out already. I dont care if its from fisher or some guy that just likes electronics :dizzy: