1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V light issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bruce'sEx, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

So I haven't even taken a look at it yet, but figured see if anyone has ran into this problem.

From what the driver has said, the lights keep fliping from truck to plow and back, not staying on either one. This is during the day so DRL's play a part. I manually turned on headlights and it goes to plow and works fine.

2010 GMC with DRL 3 Port Module.

- I haven't disconnected the plow yet and checked trucks DRL.. thats on the list.
    - The plow/truck pluga look fine.
    - Plow operates fine I know the grounds are the same, but the Lighting ground would go through the Module, but again headlights work fine and turns. from what I was told.
    - Hoping not a module issue.

It's not a DRL signal wire, it's a detect low power for DRL on the GM.

Just thought I'd see if anyone can tell me what it is, before I go poking with a test light.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Something tells me it might have something to do with the module.The control module replaced the cluster of relays that were under the hood.I'm thinking that one of the relays could be bad and not letting truck drls turn on or the plow lights turn on.If the relay was sticking it would stay on drls or on the plow side.I don't believe it has anything to do with wiring if you said the plow moves and everything.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

It was actually one the plugs on the truckside seemed to not be making contact well. Plow movement is isolated from plow lights seperate module for hydraulics attached to the powerpack, and thats controled on the other harness.

4. chevyzrule810

Is it the 9 pin or 11 pin harness you are speaking of?

5. jaybird

jaybird Member

extreme v only have an 11 pin harness. it is a 2 plug "multi-plex system". the first thing i would ask u , is do you have the adapter on port a? depending on what kit you get, the current model is #28027-2, but a year ago the adapter was on the harness as a 1 piece. it is a little black rlaly on the harness. if you dont have either and just have the normal 11 pin harness #26357. that is most likely that is your problem. newer model chevys require headlight kit # 29400-4 because of that relay. or it could be a ground issue? check both

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Umm the problem was solved, just a bad contact in the connector on one of the headlights....

7. chevyzrule810

Good to hear you got it fixed