1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme v leaking fluid

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by psd104, Feb 1, 2015.

1. psd104

psd104 Junior Member
    from ny

Hi, can anyone help me with a problem. I have a extreme v, and I'm in ny just had a whopper 24+ storm. Plow worked great but I noticed fluid on the side of the pump casing. Plowed 3 days and finally the plow stopped working. Filled reservoir up and back in business . Today I looked in side of the pump enclosure and I see what looks like fluid leaking from what looks like the bottom of reservoir, how much of a project is that to repair that? Thanks for any help.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check to make sure it is not coming from any of the ORB fitting on the side or a loose hose. I would start by spraying everything clean then watching to see exactly where the leak is coming from. If need be operate all the functions then check again to find location of the leak. But as long as the screws come out replacing reservoir o ring is not that bad.

3. psd104

psd104 Junior Member
    from ny

Great, thanks I'll try that after storm tomorrow.