1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cookie, Nov 3, 2012.

1. cookie

cookie Member

Hello - hopefully every one is gearing up for a busy winter. I was wondering if any one else has head the same issue with their extreme v's as I have. My wings are folding back, not a whole lot, but enough to be very aggravating. Last year I spent countless hours fighting with this plow with other issues and I managed to fix most of them except this one. I have had it to the dealer (which is an hr away and charges $90 per hr) and the adjusted the pressure relief valves but no luck. I have wound them in, no change, wound them to where they should be, still no change.
    Has anyone else dealt with this, and have fixed it? I am at a loss and getting ready to burn the damn thing.....:realmad: .

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sent the pm, but I'll ask the question here. Are the wings creeping back as you are plowing? Or folding back quickly like when you hit something?

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

do both wings drift back? does it make a difference if you use scoop or one wing at a time?

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

are they oem fisher wings?

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

he means the wings that make up the actual blade.

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

oh gotcha, sounds like a hydraulic arm issue

7. cookie

cookie Member

more so the right one

8. cookie

cookie Member

if i pick the plow up with a strap around the top of the mast, both wings will fall ahead. i seem to remember when i first got it both wings would stay where they were if i picked it up that way

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cookie,

I think the creep is caused by one of two things. Debris caught in one of the valves, or a bad valve. I'm not an expert, maybe search for the word "creep"

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

....well, if he does that, all he'll find is a picture of you! :laughing: Sorry guy, I couldn't resist. On a side note, I think your right. Thumbs Up

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you saying:

XV + Creep = 2cor517?

12. cookie

cookie Member

lol - thanks guys. I am fluid changing this week end, and I will check both!