1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V Fishstick Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Evan Freiling, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

I have power to the fishstick,but no functions the power light just flashs on and off. I checked the four fuses on the pump,under hood,and all connections are secure and clean.Do you think the controller is bad , my seemed to think it was a bad fuse.Iam I missing something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The plow is three years old 8.6 extv with fishstick control.:dizzy::help:
  2. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

check the power wire at the battery i had a problem where i would turn the fish stik on and then go to raise the plow and it would shut off, my pos conection was losse at ehe battery. plus check where u wired the fish stick into u need a point like power windows or somethng that doesnt get used while the truck is running like a secondary accesory
  3. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

Thanks Mustang

Thanks for the reply.I found the problem,it was a broken wire going into the controller.I dont know how old your plow is but mine is three years old.The new ones have a heavier cable feeding the controller,I got one for mine.Also the circuit board on my year is known to go bad as well,got one of them as well for back up.And while is was at the dealer I ordered the new four piece cutting edge kit with bolts in 1/2" for $330,didnt think that was to bad.Thanks again for the reply. Evan