1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme v fish stik keeps shutting off!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Crescent5, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Crescent5

Crescent5 Junior Member

I have been having an issue with my Fish Stik shutting off on my 8'6" Extreme V. I have no issues for the first hour or so of heavy plowing, but once the plow has been used for awhile the joystick (fish stik) intermittently shuts off when I press any of the buttons to move the plow. This happens over and over and I have to keep powering the unit back on before I can move the plow again. I have been to the Fisher dealer twice and they haven't been able to find anything wrong. A friend suggested replacing the solenoid in the plow unit itself which I did and didn't fix the issue.

The plow is on a 2007 F-250 Powerstroke. I have checked both batteries as well as the alternator and they are all testing out fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have plowed the past three storms with it doing this and it is driving me crazy!!!!:realmad:

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I heard Fisher had a recall on the older fishstik because of the smaller wire.You could also have a bad circuit board.Can you check with another fishstik and see if your fishstik is the problem.