1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v fish stick for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by plowman_25, Nov 12, 2009.

1. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i have a brand new, in the box, fish stick for an extreme v. i bought this and thought it was what i needed, but i need one for an ez v.

will sell this for $300 shipped.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Why not just send it back and get the right one?

P.S. I thought those things were only like 225-250 brand new? hope mine doesn't go bad any time soon.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

No a whopping $308 new.

4. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i bought it on craigslist unseen, and the guy wont take it back

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

YIKES! Maybe I should not keep knocking it off the holder onto the floor and almost closing it in the door a few times.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would try ebay. But ur not gona get 300 for it.

7. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

im open to offers...i need to get one for an ez v...would consider trades for an ez v control depending on condition

8. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

price lowered....$260 shipped....need it gone so i can get an ez v

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Since it's the wrong controller for you, have you had a chance to test it to see if it even works?

10. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

Hhow many pins is it

11. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i took it to messer truck equiptment they tested it and said everything works and its good to go

and, its a 4 pin setup

drew

12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Drew, You should of talked to Patrick or Jeff Messer himself, they are almost always willing to work out a trade if the used one is in mint to good condition. ExV to EzV....supposedly brand new, I'm sure they would of jumped all over that.

Let me know if they don't, I'll give you $200.

13. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

we had worked out a deal and were all set to trade...but they said that after they looked into it a little more it is the old part number 29600....i guess there is really no difference but they said it is an early v controller and since its different part number then the new one they couldn't do it.

im going to have to wait a little longer before i can do 200....but i will let you know

14. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

repoman207- do you know if there is any difference....i looked on fishers webpage and that is the controller the comes up for extreme v, but the guys a messers showed me a part number in a book that was different, any idea?

thanks,
    drew

15. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Might have something to do with the recall on the control for the wires breaking? part number before, and after. Just a wild guess i don't what the difference in them could be,

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

The only difference is that one says Vee and the other says Retract. They work just the same.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  17. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i thought thats all it as...so they told me it wont work with the xls...i think its bs but i can't test it on an xls to see

bruce's ex- sent you a pm...little behind sorry

drew

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

Something ain't right about this whole thing...Does yours look like this?

[​IMG]

If so, it will work with the XLS, Bob & Jeff Messer were the ones who talked me out of swapping mine for the newer one for that exact fact. Do you have a picture of yours that you can post?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  19. RepoMan207

from Maine

Drew, I just double checked with Langs...the 29600 & the 29800 are the same. 29600 has now been superseded to the 29800.

20. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

yes, mine looks exactly like that....doesn't really make sense to me either....but they pulled out a book and showed me the new number vs the old, and said that it came out before the xls so they didn't have any use for it

i can post a pic later.

drew