1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V dropping while driving

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hemipower5.7, Jan 25, 2011.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

My buddy just got a 8'6'' Extreme V put on his 2011 ford F-350 and today we got a few inches of snow he though he would get to use his plow... instead hes been at the dealer all day because he would be driving down the road and the plow will randomly drop... imagine driving on dry pavement and your plow dropping at 55 :cry:... anyone have this happen before?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Mine is several years old but well taken care of and I noticed this year mine is dropping here and there. It only drops about an inch or so before I notice it but its never done it until now.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just had it put on???? Go to whoever put it on....especially if its new!
  4. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

brand new this is the first storm he was gonna plow with it... it just drops all the way down it first happened about 30 min he's been at the dealership so waiting to see what the problem is... ive never heard of it happening it started dropping every few minutes... weird
  5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Like full speed dropping?? Or just sagging slowly? Brian, sounds like your S2 cartridge- I had the same problem

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

yep I agree with cuban S2 . That valve is responsable for the main lift ram and if is stuck or clogged this will accure. Good Luck Thumbs Up