1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V dropping too hard

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by thisismurph, Nov 19, 2008.

1. thisismurph

thisismurph Junior Member

First day plowing with the extreme v and was wondering if there is an adjustment in dropping it. It really comes crashing down!!!
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.. There is a quill adjustment screw on the pump. That controls how fast it drops, etc. Checks Fishers site or your manual for where it is. I have a SEHP pump and it's on the valve box.
  3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

yes, its located on the back of the pump, beside the valve manifold on the left side.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That is correct, it is an allen screw quill that is adjustable, clockwise will slow the plow down, counterclockwise will speed up the drop.

It is clearly shown in the Fisher manual and set up details.
  5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Actually it is on the back on the right side just above the coil furthest to the right. It will take a standard screwdriver. There are two screws one above the other. You want the top one. The bottom is you system pressure adjustment. Screw it all the way in and back out about 1/4 - 1/2 turn and fine tune to your liking
  6. stillen

stillen Senior Member

ditto.......... i just learned about this feature after dropping my plow on my concrete floor a zillion times..... now it just floats down like its resting on a fluffy cushion... thats just my preference...
  7. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I knew I couldn't remember exactly off the top of my head, thanks for the clarification.
  8. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Got any pictures of your new plow to show off? Is your 08 ram gas or diesel?
  9. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Why don't you guys like the plow dropping hard. It is quicker and better for back dragging. My new XLS drops like a ton of bricks, the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to hold the button until its on the ground, which can feel like decades after 12hrs plowing. Plus I love scaring the crap out of peoples that are in my way!
  10. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

yah i am with him too plus with the stupid stainless the snow sticks and the heavy hit knocks it off. i had mine set up so it didnt hit hard but i changed it back