1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme V cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ruanolik, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

After reading a few post here about the cutting edges, I went out and looked at my new 9.5 Ex-V that I got in september, and I noticed that it had the 1-piece cutting edge on each side. Was this suppose to be changed on in stock models before they were sold? And does anyone have a picture of the new cutting edge.

Also I picked up a couple new lots with tons of curbs, any recommendations on curb guards that will work well on the Ex-V, haven't seen anything good here in regards to fishers curb guards.

Thanks

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I just picked up a new cutting edge from my dealer. It is the 4 piece one, last year our 8.5 Extreme V was brand new and we had to replace the cutting edge after 6 hrs of plowing. The dealer replaced the wimpy 3/8" with a 1/2" and we put Meyer's curb guards and that seemed to be the ticket. I'm not going to put the new cutting edge on until needed, best of all it was FREE!

3. big bird

big bird Senior Member

free is always a good thing :jester:

4. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

Update.

Went to the local dealer, and asked about the cutting edge. The salesman said that fisher did not recall the cutting edges, but were replacing them with the new style if owners were unhappy with the single piece. I told him I would be happy with the new ones, so he gave me a new set, no charge.
    Also put on a set of fisher curb guards on, will see how they work.. not too bad of a fit, they lift the blade just a bit, even when adjusted as high as they will go, but should wear down to the cutting edge after a few pushes.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had them on for about ten minutes! they were a waste of time and money. Trust me take 'em back while you can! Do you know how long those things are gonna take to wear down.....forever and you'll be left with 2 nice lines while plowing. If you need to be down to the concrete when plowing you might achieve that by the end of the season.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

+1 if you want a set I'll sell you mine!!