1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme-V Cutting Edge Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATWE, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

I've had the 8.5" Fisher Extreme-V Plow for 6 years now. I am completely fed up with the cutting edges on this plow, mainly the design for the rubber flap that mounts on the back side of the plow to fill the void between the two cutting edges. The piece of crap is just CONSTANTLY breaking. If I hit the smallest little pothole or manhole cover, it just rips the thing off, leaving coke-lines all over the lots until I can order a new one and install. Has anybody found an alternative? A couple of our newer Boss V plows have cutting edges that are shaped to eliminate the rubber flap--no problems with these plows. I also noticed that the new Fisher V-Plow has a similar design. Anybody know if the mounting holes are the same on the edges so they could be used on the older model that I have? Other ideas on how to solve this problem w/o just junking this plow and buying a new one???

Thanks.

2. I have the new style 8.5' Western MVP + It looks like the same edge. I could measure the hole positions if that would help.

3. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

If you wouldn't mind, that would be awesome! Can I assume you haven't had any problems with that blade?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You have an EZ-V, not an ExtremV. I'm not aware that the XV edges would fit, but it wouldn't hurt to call your dealer. The XV edges are designed for the much steeper 75* cutting angle. At the very least, you would have to modify the "trailing" edge of the center piece.

5. No trouble

Measuring from the outside of the edge in the holes are at the following distances from the outside of the edge.

3 3/4"
    6 7/8"
    20 1/2"
    29 1/2"
    39 1/16"

The 2 on the inside edges are at
    43 1/8"
    46 1/8"

I haven't had any trouble at all with it. This is my first V Blade and I'll never go back to a straight blade. I love the trip edge that works in scoop. I hit a large frozen in rock the first time out. Seems very well built with substantial components and clean welds.

Hope that helps.

Merry Christmas !!

John

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If the holes don't line up, it will probably be easier to drill the base angle than the cutting edge. Plus, next time the edge will bolt right on.

7. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

Alright, yes, you're right about it being an EZ-V, not Extreme, my bad, looooong week! Thanks for the ideas, I'll check the measurements tomorrow.