1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme v center cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ilucas, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ilucas

ilucas Member

Was putting a new cutting edge on the extreme v today and noticed that the center cutting edge does not run by the other one. This will cause it to leave a center trail of snow on every pass (like the old ez v used to before they came up with the rubber flap)

has any one else noticed this?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You have never noticed the small gap on your plow? I never see a trail off when plowing with ours and if there is it never has been a problem. You can set them closer together by drilling out holes and resetting their position on the edge.

3. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

Mine never left a trail until the center pin was worn to the point of needing replacement.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Think I seen some them center edges isn't slotted to adjust it
    Is your center slotted or ____ ??

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same problem, my extreme V had the 2 piece cutting edge and I wore that down and had to replace it with the new 4 piece edge. Ever since then, it leaves a small trail in the middle

6. ilucas

ilucas Member

Slotted to adjust.... but it is minimal. On the original center edges the left side ran by the right and there was never a space scooped, straight or v.....I talked to my supplier he said it was a pattern issue!!! They could not put them out that way any more and that is why there is space on the replacement edges. The trail is not that bad mostly just with powder.

I don't think just drilling the slots wider will solve it as the design and bend angles are different from the original edge that was on the plow when new. Could probably drill it out more and then take a grinder to the verticle edges.

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I don't notice a trail with mine, I also am not "that" picky the small amount is so minimal I don't think it's an issue. Especially if your salting the salt will burn it off.