1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme Snowplowin

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by the_mayor, Dec 15, 2010.

1. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I know that this story is over a week old now, but have any of you seen this story? Is this guy a member here? The reason I bring this up is because I had a new potential customer ask me if he could pay his contract at the and of the season beacause "snowplowers can't be trusted"!!!!! I find it pretty annoying that some idiot out there is giving us a bad rap.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We have an extreme snow plowing here too, I know the guy, and as much as he and I don't see eye to eye, I doubt it's the same people.
  3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I think the guy plowing them all out for free is trying to pick up all the contracts.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

This is nothing new. I've been reading at least one or two stories each year like this for at least the ten or twelve years that I've been paying attention.

With a name like "EXTREME", I would be instantly weary anyway...
  5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

that's EXACTLY what he's doing.
  6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

a guy up are way just changed his last name a couple times...signed hundreds of contracts..and never showed the first snow fall...hes now behind bars facing numerous fraud charges!
  7. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

The guy doing the plowing for free is from Extreme "Landscaping" lol.
  8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Executive Landscaping
  9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

He will regret ever doing a good deed as soon as he damages something and the home owner comes after him. That's what it has come to these days.
  10. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Sad but the ture.
  11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  12. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Not much of an excuse, and even if it was, the damage is already done. His goose is cooked getting smeared all over the news and internet like that, not that he probably doesn't deserve it. Oh well, leaves plenty of potential customers for the good guys.
  13. Green Feet

Green Feet Member

I think I remember the same thing in Rochester by a company called Extreme Snowplowing last year or the year before.
  14. skeleton2135

skeleton2135 Junior Member
    from 419

The article says he had plowed out 6 driveways...Not much of a liability, but not bad publicity for a little work. Cudos I say, AND we don't know what was truly in his heart-hopefully the best of intentions.
  15. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

On the news it did say he was the one that had this same scam in Rochester last year. They also said today, he is still doing it under another name! This guy has a sickness.
  16. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Good for that guy for helping them out. Free advertising, Good publicity, Good person. Karma comes back around
  17. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know how people can do this without a guilty conscious

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

I knew this guy was a scammer when i seen his ad for driveways $179.00 for the season.The news stated he stiffed the customers and his subs too.
  19. Yarden of eden

Yarden of eden Member

Yeah, I couldn't believe that price. not sure of the annual snowfall in Buffalo, but in MN I couldnt do it for less than 500 unless I had a ton of people in 1 neighborhood