1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme Snowfall Cap / Blizzard clauses

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PolarBear, Oct 17, 2004.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Member

I have just been asked to price out a large account on an annual price basis.

I know the seasonal average snowfall and roughly the number of storms per year.

What I am looking for is samples of Commercial Contract Blizzard and Extreme Snowfall clauses to protect my A$$.

Seasonal average here is 34" in recent years we have had as little as 6" and as much as 76" of snowfall.

Can anyone help? If so please pm me your blizzard / extreme snowfall clauses

2. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

clauses

I too would like to see your wording, anyone out there who would care to share, pm or email me and I would be glad to share contracts, etc with you.,,,,,

Thanks!

3. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Here you go,

Extreme Weather:
    We reserve the right to remove our drivers from the road during extreme winter conditions for their safety. Extreme weather conditions will warrant price adjustments. If extreme winter weather, excessive snow fall or blizzard conditions occur, we reserve the right to renegotiate the above prices for that event. If a new price cannot be agreed upon, we reserve the right to cancel this contract. During these events, we will bill for the amount of snow plowed at each visit not for total snowstorm accumulation.

Keep in mind, my contracts have triggers, so to speak.
    0"-8" billed at $nnn
    Over 8" billed at $nnn per 4"

I've never needed to use this though, I don't know how well it'll work out. Hope this helps.

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Mine states

" Extreme" winter weather, excessive snowfall ( any snowfall in which snow accumulation is sustained at 1" per hour or greater for more than 3 hrs ), and blizzard conditions will be charged at my discretion.

this way I can charge whatever I feel is necessary, I too have not had to use this.