1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extreme snow plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leolkfrm, Dec 15, 2014.

1. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

how does someone screw people in 2 cities 45 miles apart 2 out of 3 years?
  2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I got some beers for the popcorn :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

We can just sit and wait now.
  4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Pass a beer please
  5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Hard work, attention to detail, and people who are easily duped.
  6. Bossman 92

Extra beers...check
    Cavs game....check

Waiting for a good story!!! Thumbs Up
  7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

IDK, why don't you elaborate so we can give you an answer.....my guess is cause some people are just douches :)
  8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I'm to tired for this,I'll check back in later.
  9. Bossman 92

So much talk of beers and no sign of Defcon???? What's this world coming to??
  10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mines brother in law has 4 kids with 3 different women....next time I see him Ill ask him.
  11. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol, I don't think thats what he ment.:laughing:
  12. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I feel bad for other companies called extreme in my are,guilty by name association
  14. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

what i dont understand is, if hes so good at getting contracts why not just do it legit?!
  15. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Its amazing that there are people in the world that will do this type of stuff. The quick buck "Middle men", I call them. There was a company in my neck of the woods that did the same thing in 2001, the Company name was North Shore Snow Plowing (ie. Elliott Miller). The funny thing is they set up their season contract to try and eliminate typical plowing events, etc. Contract was from Dec. 1st - Feb. 28th, plowing will commence when there is 2 or 3" of fluffy snow. Well you just eliminated 50% of the area snowfalls. In my opinion its fraud by deception. In that year, his company went under. There were 10 plowable events in December, so he called joy and filed BK.

Fast forward to last year. The same gentleman has been plowing under another name(PRO-Crap), I guess since 2001. He is still doing the same thing, just a different name.

I had a gentleman hire me in late November for seasonal plowing. He said he had used PRO-Crap last year and they were sub-par, to say the least. He said he had re-signed their contract, but switched to a per plow contract. After thinking about it he said he did not want to use them. I gave him my word that I would put him on the list and would wait for his payment. Well we had a huge snow year last year, I went out 24 times. Halfway through the year, I had still not been paid. I called the home phone # and got his wife. She informed me that her husband had passed, but she had been paying PRO-Crap per the invoices they had been sending, to date.

I told her I had plowed her driveway every snowfall event. She knew nothing about her husband calling me. After trying to explain my situation to her for about a half hour, I suggested that I not plow her driveway on the next event to see if they would actually come out to plow. The next snowfall event I did not plow her driveway. A day and a half later her driveway was still not serviced. She called me and said that she found my contract and the notes on the PRO-Crap contract that showed that her husband canceled their service. This company invoiced her, knowing full well that they did not plow her driveway! I showed up and plowed her driveway and she paid me in full.

Some people have no morals at all, especially when it comes to money!

Chuck B.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  16. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

At least you got paid! I would have been hunting down that man to get my money that he took that wasn't his!!
  17. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

He must know my ex wife.
  18. onemanband

onemanband Member

Yep!! I would have gone to the BBB also.
    AND, I would find out who he is servicing. Stop in after a snow event and talk to to the owner or manager or property representative. Take some pics with your phone, iPad or camera. Ask them if they are happy with there current service. Ask them if they like spending money for service they are not receiving.
  19. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

I don't think anyone has enough time to sit around and wait for a dead beat contractor to show up and plow a residential driveway. He subs out a majority of this work, or at least he used to, so you never know who is using him until the client has learned the wrong lesson already.