1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme Mountain Plowing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Citytow, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know why he's in "V" all the time. I'd have the blade angled towards whichever side had the drop off so that it would just roll off and go away. In V he's pushing half of the snow uphill against himself for future plowing.
  3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

drunk #$%^&&*
  4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I think, as I can not read his mind, he was trying to break up some extremely compacted snow.
  5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Or just showing off for the camera. Either way it is a pretty cool set up. Thumbs Up
  6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I bet the blade wouldn't stay angled and the pressure reliefs let go and it went back to V. That is heavy ass snow and a vehicle with insane traction pushing it.
  7. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Oldmankent x 2
  8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

lol, pretty obvious yep. Cool rig there for sure.
  9. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

He angles it when he can but the depth of snow averages 1' in most areas. This snow has all melted and refroze as well that's why it rolls off in chunks. I only watched the first two minutes but there were a couple spots where it was over 2' of snow.

I don't even know if a regular 3/4 ton or one ton truck could clear that road all the way to the top without breaking down or loosing traction.

10. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

haha, this snow pack would laugh at my truck and plow :)
  11. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

That thing is pretty bad ass, but I think a Cat dozer would be more efficient.
  12. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Nice commercial for BOSS...that is very cool!
  13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Hope he has lots of spare parts! Cool Video.