1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extra Western Plow + Kubota Tractor FEL

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bighammer, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

I decided the plow wouldn't fetch a worthwhile sum, and a backup for my truck would be handy. I have a rear blade, and a rear-mounted blower, but this setup will let me scrape/push and blow deep drifts and piles without going home in between. The blower can be slow and I'm find myself turning around instead of using the mirrors. (at least until I get sore and/or cramped) This should allow more forward-facing and higher speed operation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Good thinking, older used plows that are kinda beat up aren't even worth it to sell if you can make another use of them.

3. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

My QA plate was about 100 bucks and for another 200, I got a pair of 8' and a pair of 10' hoses and necessary fittings/quick couplers to mount/dismount plow, loader arms, and of course the rear connection. I fabbed up some simple brackets to keep them against the inside of the loader arms. I snaked the others under the cab. There's enough other plumbing under there to keep them in place. Out front, I haven't decided if I should make a bracket to hold the ends, or just put a hose clamp around the hoses and front tube.

Seems like any plow is tough to use on gravel until things freeze up, but I'm hoping this will provide a decent backup for my truck. If the truck had something major let go, (clutch, transmission, or axle) trying to keep up using just a rear blower did not sound like fun. We are the last house on "seasonal" road, so I'm pretty much married to it for the winter. I plow about a mile of road and 4 neighbors (one with a store and parking area) that I also keep cleared.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs Up use it until it breaks....

5. cornfarmertom

cornfarmertom Junior Member

Great use for an "extra"! If you ever have an extra Kubota, id be happy to take it off your hands!