1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extra weight on a 2011 gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BowTieDmax, Nov 4, 2011.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

My nephew bought a 2011 gmc ext cab 1500. He wants to put a plow on it, Now that there are no torsion bars to crank up for the extra weight what are his options? He does not have the plow package.

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Add timbrens.

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Should of bought a 2500. Not a fan of the new 1500 with coil springs.

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My father in law had some heavier duty springs put on his 1500. The front hardly moves when his 8' hd is raised.

6. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Got a rough country leveling kit on my 2010 gmc 1500 works great only 70 bucks plus an alignment, Bought a timbren kit did not work at all so I sent it back

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

On a 2011 with a warranty? An 8ft on a 1500 lol :laughing:

8. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Add a leveling Kit. I put a 2.5 inch Ready Lift kit into an 08 silverado 1500. Helped alot. I took the leveling kit out when I sold tuck. I would sell it if your interested. Goes for over 400.00 new. I have front and back 2.5 inch lift kit.

9. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Yes, actually it is a 2010. He did the same thing with the 05 he had. Dealer put both plows on. Never gave him any troubles with warranty repairs, even on the front end. Bought the 05 new, in 06 it needed some front end work to pass inspection and they covered it. The only problems he has had with the dealer is the mechanics not having a clue.

10. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

He bought a 1500 because that best suited him for his job. Not really asking what truck he should buy just looking for how to make this work the best for him.
    Believe me I've had over 10 duramax / allison trucks and I have no use for a 1500. But its what he needed.