1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extra Lighting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Joe Snow, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

First off....GREAT site!:D

Quick question... When outfitting your trucks, do most folks add supplemental lighting used when backing the truck? Still in plow and light selection mode and the thought just occurred to me and I've not seen it discussed.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I use tractor lights for backup.
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Tractor lights aswell. About 37 bucks a peice and I get the dual halogen (110w) versions for 220w total. Very bright.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I have the white night and have been very impressed with it. I think I got my new for about $70 bucks.

Here is the link

5. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

That's pretty much what I had in mind myself after doing more research. Glad to read that it's all it's cracked up to be.

6. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I just use mag. mount tractor light on my roof, I had the White Knights, but they rusted at the contacts, and I had thought I had sealed 'em up pretty well. The mag. mount light went for about $16 if I recall, 90lb. magnet, its not going anywhere!
  7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Four H4 bulbs (i'm assuming) seems like waaayyy overkill. I paid about 8 bucks apiece for my 4" Hella tractor lights.

You'll be MUCH better off if you just get some sealed rubber tractor lights and pay someone to mount them and hook them up to relay's for you.

I have my lights connected with a weather-lock quick connect so if a light breaks or goes out, all i have to do it replace the light and plug it in. Only cost 10 bucks for a new light.
  8. iowaplowboy

iowaplowboy Member
    from Iowa

Driving lights

About $25 at the parts store, 1/2" drill through the back bumper, tailgate OFF. LIGHTED rocker switch to the plow control (I'm not that bright, and the red lighted rocker switch reminds me to shut it off when I come out on the street!). Total cost $30 and half an hour.
  9. iowaplowboy

iowaplowboy Member
    from Iowa

Oh, yeah .. last year I mounted them UNDER the bumper. Bad idea .. we know where the plastic went first time I backed up against a pile of snow ...
  10. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I bought some cheap ones from NAPA, mounted them under my bumper, if i backed into something i just pulled them back down, i was surprised i did not break them. I took them off when i sold the truck, i am going to try and put my strobes in them, and mount on my Back Rack when i buy one.