1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extra CAT SSL keys

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieseld, Dec 3, 2010.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Stupid question, I know, but here goes. Where are you guys buying extra Cat keys. Dealer? Online source? Would like to get 4 or 5 to have one in each salt truck.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Your dealer may just comp you a few keys. If not, order 5P-8500, I'm not sure if they are sold individually or in a multi-pack.

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Thought I posted this in the Heavy Equipment Forum? Maybe it got moved?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I am sure you could find them on ebay, but there is no guarantee they will work. I would go to your local dealer and get a few from them.

5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They are a dime a dozen seriously. After my door on my old machine locked me out somehow and I had to spend $250 to get it picked as it was a Friday at 7pm no dealer open til Monday and the machine was running.

I went to the cat dealer and spent $5 for 8 keys. The keys from my 246B work in my new 262C

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

They all use the corporate key, same since....1980 or so.

7. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

What JohnnyU said, cat key is a cat key is a cat key. I don't know about price but I've got like 10 of them floating around. There everywhere I'd just try google.

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

Our local cat dealer comped me 4 keys without hesitation!