1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extra boss plow parts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Oct 6, 2012.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Whats some good extra parts to carry on hand for my boss super duty plow?

I've got extra hydro fluid, hoses

Would it be a good idea to have an extra controller just in case? Someone told me there is an aftermarket controller that works for the boss plows....A little less expensive I guess.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you want you could mount an extra solenoid under the hood just in case.
  3. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

I have an extra solenoid that would be a good idea to mount it.

If they go out guess you just don't have any power to plow is that right?
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

That would be correct.Other goodies you should have in your Boss kit are a couple of return springs, spring eyebolts with hardware,some spare relays,your owner's manual, some wire ties,the hoses and Boss oil you already have.The spare controller? You could I suppose,I don't think it paramount.
  5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You really only have so much time to work on a plow when you should be working but we've changed pump motors quick, we don't even mess with return springs when they break, we fix those when we're done for the night.

We do have a spare controller - you aren't gonna fix one of those, well rarely, in the middle of the night and the dang thing doesn't work without one. Odds are your dealer isn't going to fix it in a day either so you get a loner or pull one off the shelf.