1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extra battery placement

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mike13, Mar 1, 2013.

1. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

i was wondering where to place an extra battery in my 06 2500 5.7. do i need to take out the air box and replace it with an aftermarket.
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an 04 so the front end should be similar. I built a tray with some sheet steel and ran some all thread down from the radiator support. Run two short bolts through the back lip of the bumper and there ya have it. It's a real b&%$h to get a battery in there but I haven't had any issues at all. Hope that helps.
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I had the same problem so I decided to put the battery in my toolbox and then I ran the cables underneath and back up. I had to drill a hole in my box though and that wasn't ideal but it is what it is.
  4. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

i was thinking of doing something along those lines an finding a spot to fit one.

i cant run a battery from the bed cause i have a large carrier that takes up the hole bed
  5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Why don't you buy the 2nd bat setup from dodge. Every Cummins has 2. It's a bolt in.