1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extending forks to clear Ranch Hand Grill Guard...

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by D2 Cat, Feb 7, 2014.

1. D2 Cat

D2 Cat Junior Member

I need to extend the forks out about 3" to clear. I am installing the mount on an '01 Dodge Ram 2500. Has someone else modified their truck mount and can give me some direction? My blade is an 8' straight Hiniker. Thanks!
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

A picture will be very helpful.
  3. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I am in the process of modifying mine to make room for my Road Rhino but I'm going a little different route than what you are thinking. I'm already planning on supplying pics after I'm done.
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I would be concerned about the structural integrity of the forks after that mod is done. The leverage put on them by the weight will be more and the side to side forces will be more. Just food for thought.
  5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

This is how I'm getting my workaround done:

6. Jimmy_B

Jimmy_B Junior Member

I'd look at drilling new holes to move the entire fork frame forward on the mounts, not mess with the forks themselves. You might have to weld new plate to the back edge so you have real estate for the rear most bolts.
  7. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Laszlo ... looks like you are on the way to a Hiniker uni-mount. LOL Very much enjoy the creativity and unique nature of this workaround. Post more pictures if you can as you move along.