1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extending a Fisher....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chief Plow, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

Anyone know if there is a way to make a fisher wider. I have an 8' on a couple of trucks and was wondering.... I see the turk key wings , but don't see them advertised for a fisher. Maybe a dumb question, just looking for some ideas.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Bigger can be better

Chief Plow,

You can use pro wings for the Fisher just like the other blades. Havent used the Turkey-wings yet.

We have added to the blades though. Take another Fisher that's busted up ( Easy to find here----I've got a graveyard of them )

Cut off as much from each end as you want to add to yours( 3" + per side ) cut off the trip edge too.

Weld this on to the existing blade. Line them up good first.
    Weld the trip edge's together and I usually add a gusset to the back.

Try to extend to 8'6" or 9' to allow the use of a std cutting edge.

You will have to redrill/cut holes in the main blade for the edge.

Another method is what I believe Wyldman does there was a thread a ways back 4 or 5 pages. Box tube on the back of the blade with curved addon extensions.

We've done the wings, and the weld on extensions for customers here. The weld on acted like a standard blade. I prefer the wings you get the scoop action and carry more snow.

3. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

Go with the wings. We have a 9' Fisher from factory on a 3500 SRW truck. In really heavy snows truck just slides sidways, plenty of power not enough weight even with tailgate salter & 1000+ lbs of salt. One lot I had to go & open a path for that truck with my V plow, luckily I was just across street.. BTW we have wings for that plow also, in light snows they are awesome. But for the vercility I would just go with wings or removable extensions.