1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extending 7' Meyers plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by powerstroke01, Jul 25, 2010.

1. powerstroke01

powerstroke01 Junior Member
    from ohio

I purchased a 7' meyer power angle snow plow earlier this summer for my truck. I recently traded that truck in and bought a 01 ford dually. I was wondering if anyone has welded one to make them wider. I assume it has to be 8 6 or 9'. The pump is a e 47, can that handle it? Also the lights and where the pump is is more like angle iron. Was wondering if this would still be ok because I see most bigger trucks with tubular frames. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

I just ordered the Meyer ST/C series Wing kit, made my C8 into a 9' 6" monster. The price was reasonable too, compared to Boss or Westerns wing kits.
  3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I added 9" to each side of my 7'er and the e47 lifted it ok. I scored a e60 last year and it's noticeably faster.
  4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I saw that toou messaged me about it, I tried to upload pics but got an upload failed message. Basicly I added angle iron to extend the top and bottom then used some plate I had laying around the same thickness as the moldboard. It was easy to push it into shape to match the curve if the blade. Then I got some 1/2" plate steel and cut a C shaped piece to weld to the ends for support. It has held up well. If you want to see a pic email me at Bartashby@yahoo.com