1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silvetouch, Feb 1, 2010.

1. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

Have any of you put extended warranties on your vehicles?
    If so what companies have you had good experiences with?

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

I have a GMPP on my 06 Sierra. Going to extend out with GM before it turns 75k or sometime in 2011, whichever is first. With just little things going out on it, they add up fast, and I've never paid a dime for any of them. Plowing is tough on a truck, and failures that may have been caused from plowing were always covered. Has paid for itself a few times.

If youre thinking about aftermarket companies like "Stoprepairbills.com", or "USFidelis", think no more. I have yet to find someone that has had a good experience with them, online or in person. I considered it for a used truck we bought with 150k. Apparently they give the same line of BS to every caller, no matter the mileage. "Well we usually dont do this, but just for you, we can..." The only thing they need to get started is your credit card #. They dont care what your name is or the VIN to your truck, just give them that CC#. That says everything about their agenda!

Again, couldn't be happier with my manufacturers extended plan. (GM)

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you get one make sure it is from a reputable co.
    I never get it tho