1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extended warranty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by boba, Dec 6, 2001.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

Have any of you purchased an extended warranty on your trucks? Where?
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Far as I know you have to buy it through the dealer. The aftermarket companies wont cover a commerically used truck.
    I bought my right through GM, its a continuation of the original 3 yr36K warranty. With GM as long as you are still with in the original warranty, they will sell you the extended. I assume ford is the same.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I bought it through Ford. $250 deductable though so I take care of any small problems on my own.
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I would strongly recommend if you decide to go the "insurance" route to get the policy through the respective manufacturer and not through third-party warranty companies (Global, Western, etc) regardless of what they tell you not every shop will honor the third-party extended warranty, in more cases than you would like to know you will have to pay the repair and be reimbursed at a later date. A manufacturers extended warranty, however, will be honored with no out of pocket expense except for deductible at any dealer, and in some cases at private repair facilities with authorization.

agreeing with bill here .....be CAREFUL where you get it from i learned this the hard way on my 95 ford bought mine through the dealer but a second hand warranty provider and boy i got glued screwed and tattooed took something like $1100 from me and when i needed it no matter what for NOTHING was covered ....my recomendation would be to try to extend it through what ever make of truck that it is...good luck....and ask before signing if its bumper to bumper or what exactly they will or wont cover......goodluck...
  6. sledhead

sledhead Member

Just bought a new Super-Duty and picked up an ESP extended warranty with it.
    4 yrs 100.000 miles.
    Covers virtually everything except normal wear items. ie brakes, belts, hoses, filters, bulbs, glass, and interior cloth and carpet.
    There is a signifacant jump in price from 4 yrs to 5 though.
    Make sure you "haggle" the price with the selling dealer.
    I was able to get mine down $500.00 from the advertised price.
    Good luck.

Snow is on the way...................................Sledhead