1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

extended warranty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rv4jesus, Dec 14, 2011.

1. rv4jesus

rv4jesus Member

Has anyone had experience with American Auto Shield, Enterprise Financial Group, or the broker Car Coverage Company?

I had a call to get 5 years/50000 miles of coverage for my 2008 F250 6.4L diesel for $2427. It seemed like a good deal but I wasn't comfortable enough with them to go with it.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would search the Internet and see what you find about them. That does seem like a high price for coverage. Look at other companies that offer coverage. I bet you find a better price. My Wife got the service plan on the last 3 vehicles She bought. She made out like a bandit on all 3. I am talking 3 to 5 times what She paid for the plan in repairs! I get one and nothing ever happens to my vehicle! She got 2 transmission rebuilds on Windstar's for like $1,000. A total of $5,000 in rebuilds! The first Windstar got the entire wiper system replaced too. Like $700 in Ford parts for free! Read the fine print on the warranty too. Make sure you can take it to your shop. If you have a relationship with your shop. They will slant the repair to fit the coverage. Make sure it does not knock out trucks used to plow or do work outside " Normal Use" for a daily driver vehicle.
  3. fci

fci Senior Member

I have never heard of them and a lot of the ones that come in the mail are scams. I worked at a Ford dealership and the only warranty we took was ESP a Ford extended warranty. I would do a background check on any warranty company your interested in like with the BBB. A couple of weeks ago on the news they had a warranty company that scammed people out of money. Try calling you dealer and check their prices too.
  4. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I would look in to the Ford ESP warranty. It paid of itself on my old truck and I got a check for the balance when I traded the truck in. 46,000 miles on a 5.4 and the exhaust manifold rotted off the tuck glad I didn’t have to pay the bill.