1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extended shoe

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by PhilFromErie, Oct 28, 2012.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Does anyone use the Pro-Tech extended shoe? what do you think of it and was it worth the money?

2. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I would like to know the same...

3. PhilFromErie

Anyone? Factory reps? I am tempted to just try a pair out but my guess is that they are nor cheap.

4. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I did price them out and the dealer told me they are 2 times the money the normal shoes are... I will just keep buying new shoes when needed for that price...

5. PhilFromErie

They might be easier for guys to run though. Some people have trouble keeping the box level and even when I run it I notice it moving around and tiping back and forth. Double the money is quite a bit though.

6. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Phil, from our experience even though the self leveling shoe is more money than a standard wear shoe, it will save you money in the long run. You'll push more efficiently as the shoe will help keep the unit level cutting down or eliminating second passes. Also, it eliminates excess down pressure on the back of the shoe so you won't be burning through pairs and the increased surface area actually increases the lifespan of the shoe. We are always available to talk if you have any additional questions. Thanks for using Pro-Tech!

7. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Think of the time and energy expended on switching out a pair of shoes, especially mid winter. Then ask yourself this: the shoes last at least twice as long and if I am smart and monitor the wear and time out the changeover to occur during the offseason when all my equipment is back at my shop along with all my resources(employees, tools and time) did the fact the initial investment cost me 2x really cost me 2x? In fact I would consider protech's self leveling shoes made with their super duty steel as the cheapest shoe they make despite the fact the initial investment makes them seem expensive. Just sayin; it's all relative.

8. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I see your point but doing service before each season should keep you from needing to replace them mid season. I am getting between 250-300 hours on each set. I dont know about you guys but that is just about one season for us. Last year we only did 108 hours (averaged between machines) so I didnt replace them for this year. Unless they can show me somebody that is getting double the life out of them, i dont see it.

9. PhilFromErie

I don't need new shoes, I was just thinking of putting them on anyhow for ease of operation. I don't think I'll change them now but when they need them ill probably get them.