1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Extended Cab

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Billman, May 24, 2005.

1. Billman

Billman Junior Member

Does anyone from MN know if its legal to mount a plow on an extended cab?

Bruce

2. geereed

geereed Senior Member

As long as it is not on a stolen truck :waving:

3. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Geereed's right,

As long as it is not stolen then you are fine. Seriously though. In terms of commercial laws go. Your probably thinking I wasn't asking about commericial laws, but I say it since you are probably plowing for some type of buisness? Maybe not, and if that's the case and your just doing it for your own property than ignore it, but as long as you don't exceed the tire rating of the to front tires combined than you are fine. Of course as others have said in the past you probably don't want to exceed the FGWR, but I am sure that people do it. Also you know braking ability can be an issue I suppose if the front end is taxed to much with weight. So there is my two cents on that. Hope that helps.

By the way, since you live in MN, and if you are or have been plowing for a buisness and have questions in terms of how big a plow can go on a truck, or other weight questions on vehicles, or other commericial laws, I would suggest giving a call to the nearest office where a Commericial Vehicle Inspector would be at, and asking questions you may have. Best of luck.

4. Billman

Billman Junior Member

Thanks Dieseltroop!

Bruce