1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ext. cab short box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jun 11, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Is an extended cab (NOT crew cab with 4 full size doors) short box too long for residential driveway plowing?

Thanks to all,

Joel B.
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

This really depends. If you're working on driveways on small side streets, yes... you may find the truck to be a bit long. If you've got a decent size driveway to do, and enough street... then it's not so bad.
  3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Too long

Not really, it's just tighter in small places which means more wiggling. With a salter on back it's as long as I want. I've plowed with Ext. Cab shortboxes for the last 11 yrs. & have no complaint . I perfer the Ext Cab as it does everything I need all year round. I don't do but 10 drives anymore as I make 90% of my $$$$$ on big parking lots.

My buddy does 50 drives plowing with a Ext. Cab long box with salter & to me it's too long but to each his own.

Just a thought, go test drive 1 as their are some new & used 1's on the lots.