1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

express mount

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 84deisel, Dec 18, 2006.

1. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

After one year of putting up with this problematic plow it seems that a solution has been found and works quite well.After contacting meyer numerous times on tne many problems with this plow ,they have come out with a mod kit that works well.The kit takes the computer out of the plow as well as the wireless remote. With the hardwired remote the plow works great and i may have to admit that this is a decent plow. We will have to see after the next snowfall and see how it goes.

2. rmhconst

rmhconst Junior Member
    from va

Ez-monut Express Wham Bam Boom Patent Violation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EZMOUNT EXPRESS,
    --------> "arm" MODE VIOLATES A PATENT

i have been wronged by someone, i bought something, it was taken back without just compensation to me !
    i have found a solution to return what was taken from me.... i mean no harm to frank, who got screwed by meyer in the patent infringement case...these parts are available online, i had to find them myself, nobody would help AT ALL.
    for the record the plow is GREAT...."meyer plow support and warranty" are outright worthless, Indian giving thieves in my opinion...they stole back my arm mode with out just compensation to me !

THIS IS HOW TO GET IT BACK ! FOR $20 AND 30 MINUTES ! !

I HAVE TRIED IT ! it works, i am going in for the upgrade soon !

EZMOUNT EXPRESS---THE BEST PLOW ON THE MARKET ! I CERTAINLY THOUGHT SO FOR THE PAST YEAR !

AS A LITTLE OLE COUNTRY MORON LIKE ME UNDERSTANDS, THIS IS WHAT I THINK, WHAT I WAS TOLD !

THERE WAS A PATENT INFRINGEMENT LAW SUIT... THAT GUY, FRANK, GOT $19,000 VIA NEWSPAPER STORY... AS A OWNER OF THAT PLOW LET ME TELL YOU WHAT YOU LOSE AND WHAT U GAIN:

"ALM" LOWERS THE PLOW UPON SHIFTING INTO REVERSE AND RAISES WHEN SHIFTING OUT OF REVERSE.
    "ARM" IS THE OPPOSITE, RAISES WHEN SHIFTING INTO REVERSE, AND LOWERS WHEN SHIFTING OUT OF REVERSE.

ACCORDING TO DISTRICT REP HERE YOU LOSE "ARM" MODE, it violates a patent, AND U LOSE THE REMOTE CONTROLLED UNIT.
    YOU GET A HARD WIRED, AS OPPOSED TO REMOTE, HAND HELD CONTROLLER SIMILAR TO THE CURRENT XP CONTROLLER EXCEPT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ARM MODE .... ONLY "ALM" MODE IS AVAILABLE, you gain extended warranty !
    STILL ONE PLUG, I FORGOT TO ASK, BUT IF THERE ARE 2 PLUGS THAT WILL TAKE 1 OR 2 SECONDS EXTRA TO INSTALL !

MEYER HAS THE BEST PLOW, THE REMOVAL OF THE REMOTE IS PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA, CAUSE YOU CAN FIX A HARD WIRED PROBLEM AT NIGHT, AND YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK FIXING A REMOTE DEVICE AT 2AM..

WHY HAVE ARM ? I REALLY LIKE THAT ARM MODE...IT IS AWESOME, GREAT...YOU HAVE NO IDEA.... I HAVE A LOT LESS TO THINK ABOUT.. I LOOK FOR IDIOTS WHIPPING AROUND IN PARKING LOTS AS I REVERSE NOW...YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH SAFER IT REALLY IS.... YOU HAVE LESS TO DO... NOW FOR ALL THE SMART ONES OUT THERE, WE KNOW THAT ALL WE DO IS SHIFT GEARS, AND CHANGE THE PLOW UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT... BUT AFTER 10 HOURS...IT REALLY IS GREAT TO HAVE ARM AND SAFER TOO !!!!

IN ORDER TO SERVICE ANY PART OF THE REMOTE, MEYER MUST UPGRADE AWAY THE PATENT INFRINGEMENT ARM MODE, AND ALSO OPT TO TAKE OUT THE REMOTE PART TOO. BUT THE REST OF THE PLOW IS STILL SERVICEABLE IF IT GOES BAD.

A MEYER BLUE WIRE IS TIED INTO REVERSE LIGHTS ON TRUCK, THIS IS HOT OR COLD, REVERSE OR NOT ! IT IS IN YOUR MANUAL, AND ONLINE MANUAL ALSO, EASY TO FIND BLUE WIRE IS A MEYER WIRE, ALONE ALL BY ITSELF IN A WIRE CASE !!!

IF ALM OR ARM MODE IS ACTIVE THEN THE STATE OF THE BLUE WIRE DICTATES THE ACTION:

REVERSE LIGHT PLOW ACTION
    BLUE WIRE MODE TAKEN
    CURRENT

IF HOT AND ALM THEN LOWER PLOW
    IF COLD AND ALM THEN RAISE PLOW

IF HOT AND ARM THEN RAISE PLOW
    IF COLD AND ARM THEN LOWER PLOW

BASICALLY WE ONLY NEED TO REVERSE THE "REVERSE TAIL LIGHT SIGNAL", FOR IF WE ARE IN ALM AND WE WANT THE PLOW TO RAISE WHEN WE PUT THE TRUCK INTO REVERSE THEN ((IF ALM MODE GETS COLD SIGNAL FROM REVERSE LIGHT IT RAISES THE PLOW)) HOW DO YOU REVERSE THE SIGNAL..... USE A "RELAY INVERTER" !

YOU CAN BUY ONE FOR LESS THAN $5.00 FIVE DOLLARS FROM A DISTRIBUTER FOR "VELLEMANUSA.COM", PART NUMBER "960"
    "CAR RELAY 1X INVERTER 12V DC/30A" FIND A DISTRIBUTER NEAR YOU AND HAVE THEM MAIL IT TO YOU...PART NUMBER "SO960" IS THE WIRING HARNESS IF U LIKE..A 12VOLT INVERTER RELAY SHOULD BE AT ANY AUTOMOTIVE STORE...BUT NOT WHERE I LIVE ! IT IS HARD TO FIND, UNLESS ONLINE !

HOWEVER I HAVE READ IT IS BEST NOT TO CUT THE TRUCK REVERSE WIRE ITSELF, BUT ONE COULD CUT THE BLUE WIRE AT THE UNDERHOOD PART OF THE PLOW(WARRANTY ISSUE FOR A STICKY DEALER)....OR MY DEALER ATTACHED IT(BLUE WIRE) TO THE REVERSE WIRE VIA SIMPLE STANDARD CLIP MALE/FEMALE EASY PLACE TO CONNECT THESE WIRES....EASY TO DISCONNECT TOO! TRACE YOUR BLUE WIRE ...IT GOES TO A REVERSE WIRE ON THE TRUCK....blue wire will be cut, or disconnected so this relay can go in the middle of it,

PIN NUMBERS ON THIS MODEL OF INVERTER RELAY:
    #30 -- THIS IS CONNECTED TO 12V BATTERY INPUT
    #87A -- THIS IS THE OUTPUT, GOES TO THE PLOW blue wire
    #85 -- GROUND, NEG ON BATTERY
    #86 -- FEED FROM REVERSE LIGHT

#87 -- NOT USED, AN OUTPUT, BUT THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF #87A....SO IF YOU GOT IT ALL HOOKED UP RIGHT AND IT IS STILL ALM SWAP TO THIS PIN

cut blue wire, truck side is input feed, plow side is output from relay
    BLUE WIRE GOES FROM TRUCK TO THIS RELAY, OUT THE OUTPUT # 87A AND THEN TO THE PLOW

YOU DO THIS YOU GOT ARM , HAND HELD UNIT SAYS "ALM" BUT WHEN YOU PUT IT INTO REVERSE IT RAISES THE PLOW, AND LOWERS WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT OF REVERSE.... SO ALM IS REALLY ARM W/ THIS RELAY INVERTER INSTALLED

I HAD A "SIMPLE" PROBLEM W/ MY PLOW, I HAD TO FIX IT !, MEYER WOULD NOT DO A DARN THING TO HELP EXCEPT TELL ME THAT THEY WERE BOUND BY A COURT ORDER TO REPLACE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH...OR DO NOTTA... ALL THEY COULD DO ! NOTHING AT ALL ! BUT PISS ME OFF !

I WAS PISSED, STRONG ARM NEGOTIATOR MEYER IS, DOWN GRADE W/ A FEW ADDITIONAL YEARS WARRANTY, OR LEAVE IT BROKE.. SO WHAT DO WE DO IN WINTER IF SOMETHING BREAKS ? DOWNGRADE OF COURSE AND PLOW, IF THEY WILL FIX IT BEFORE THE SNOW MELTS !

I GOT ONE MORE THING TO SAY......PISS, PISS PISS ON YOU MEYER FOR CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS CASE, THE COURT MIGHT ORDER YOU TO RECALL ...BUT I DO NOT THINK IT TOLD YOU WHAT COMPENSATION YOU SHOULD GIVE ME FOR DOWNGRADING BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE...THERE WAS NOT MUCH NEGOTIATION WHEN I BOUGHT THIS $5,000.00 PLOW 11 MONTHS AGO, 12/1/06 TODAY... AND THERE IS EVEN LESS NEGOTIATION ABOUT THIS DOWNGRADE.....I SINCERELY HOPE THERE IS A LAWYER OUT THERE WHO TAKES UP A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT OVER OWNER COMPENSATION OF THIS DOWNGRADE, ME I AM BUSY SO I FIXED IT YET AGAIN, WONDERFUL SERVICE, $5000 AND I AM FIXING THE PLOW !! TOTAL COST $5,015.00 ONLY A REALLY SMART COMPANY WOULD LET THIS HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE, WHEN WE ARE CAUGHT IN THE COOKIE JAR STEP THE FART UP, BE A MAN, or woman if necessary, BUT TAKE CHARGE , COMPENSATE PEOPLE,, MAKE CUSTOMER'S HAPPY, AND OFFER A WORK AROUND, COME TO AN AGREEMENT W/ FRANK ON HIS PATENT OR DO SOMETHING....MEYER DOES SQUAT....I HOPE THAT MEYER ENDS UP COMPENSATING US LITTLE OLE MORONS WHO BOUGHT THE FRICKING PLOW IN THE FIRST PLACE TOO THE TUNE OF "ZERO" PROFITS FOR THE QUARTER, AN OUSTING OF THE BOARD... OF EVERY ONE WHO GOT PAID TO MAKE MY LIFE SUCK OVER A STUPID LITTLE OLE PROBLEM...COUGH IT UP PAY WHO YOU WRONG FAIRLY ....

and frank outta demand a list of all people who meyer sold to and try to sell them this $5 dollar relay, and a few wires as an add on for $100.00 and meyer outta pay me more than $400 so i could pay frank $100.... but meyer aint doing nothing but sucking in the $, giving out little!, hope the share holders own this plow, hope the board get vacated,,,this customer service sucks....they outta make a sweet deal to all involved....and get frank more money too ! his patent runs out sometime is meyer banking on that ?

THE BEST PLOW OUT THERE EZMOUNT EXPRESS....NO DOUBT....MEYER TACTICS....LESS THAN SHOULD BE DESIRED !

LOCAL DEALER, POOR OLE MAN HAS WIFE AND KIDS, GOES TO CHURCH, AND "HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY MEYER"....MUCH LIKE FORD AND THE DEALER ..ETC....I'LL TELL U, IF I DID NOT PAY A PREMIUM FOR SERVICE, OH YEA I DID, $5000.00, WELL MEYER IS PROBABLY A PRIVATE COMPANY, I FORGOT MEYER IS INDIAN...CHIEF WA HOO LET US SCREW YOU !

I HOPE ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE, UNITE AS THE LITTLE MORON'S THAT WE ARE, LET US GO TO COURT, LET US GET OUR JUST REWARD.... ALL $4.00 IF WE ARE LUCKY, BUT THE ATTORNEY.. ANOTHER NEW HOUSE, 2ND WIFE.....ETC...

IF THEY OFFER YOU ANYTHING,.., ANYTHING AT ALL ABOVE 2 YEARS WARREN TY "TAKE IT", BUY THIS RELAY, INSTALL IT AND FORGET IT !

WE WILL SEE WHAT BRAND OF PLOW I INFLUENCE MY SON TO GET, DAD SOLD ME ON THE MEYER, THE OLD ONE ..23 YEARS +, MINOR PROBLEMS...BUT NOW SINCE I HAVE JUST HAD TO FIX MY OWN PLOW twice TWICE TWICE I TELL U, UNDER WARRANTY...WHEN THE 10 COMMANDMENTS CAME OUT OF THE SCHOOL, THEN CRAP LIKE THIS STARTED, THEN GAMBLING, THEN ON LINE SEX PREDATORS, THEN DATE LINE... NOW DATE LINE IS A GOOD THING...MAYBE THEY COULD EMAIL AND OR CHAT W/ MEYERS....I GOT A LITTLE GIRL WHO WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO THE TURKEY IN CHARGE OF THIS DECISION..."CASE IN POINT" MEYER IS JUST PLAIN OLE NUTS, STUPID , NOT TO DEAL W/THIS PROBLEM IN A DIFFERENT MANNER...

LIFE AIN'T FAIR, BUT YOU CAN GET "ARM" BACK....IF U LOSE IT !

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

How many times are you going to post that? Just make 1 thread about it.

Will

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the exact same thing! :angry: