1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

explorer

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jkopp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jkopp

jkopp Junior Member

i just went through all past posts on explorers....they seemed to be for 02' or older.

i'm considering putting a suburbanite on an 06' v8 explorer to handle my residential driveways.

comments? should i still beef up the springs? tranny cooler?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you want neither can hurt. I'd use timbrens if they're available.

Have you considered a Snoway?

3. jkopp

jkopp Junior Member

it looks like they dont have a setup for an 06.

i did look at snoways but really dont want to mess with them.

where else can i look to get the stuff i need to beef up my explorer?

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try summitracing.com order the catalog they have a bunch of stuff for trucks and suv's.
    Just keep in mind an Explorer really is not meant to carry a plow and be worked. Doing just your drive and maybe 1 or 2 others you can get away with. You will have issues with the front axle and hubs after a while. Brakes will be chewed up quicker. Transmission life could be cut in half. Light duty SUV's and pickups are just not designed for long term hard work like plowing. Plus being a V8 is it all wheel drive? and not 4 wheel drive?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707