1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Experienced sub looking for work in illinois NW BURBS

Discussion in 'Employment' started by XXL 4RUNNER, Nov 14, 2009.

1. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Hey guys, i'm looking for work in the suburbs melrose pk franklin pk northlake etc.... Any surrounding area, just dont want to drive too far. I've been plowing for 17 years and have a toyota 4runner with a new meyer 6' 6 plow. Lemme know whatcha got, thanks ;)!

2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

what are you looking to get per hour i might know a guy

3. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Well at this point i'm open, i'd be happy w/ the going rate for our area lemme know what your thinkin'. Btw what area is it in? Res or comm?company name? Just curious. Thank you

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

i think you going to be hard pressed to get the going rate with a toyota and a 6.6 plow. thats not considered a commercial rig. it wouldnt be no where near as productive as a fullsize with a 8 footer or v plow. i think youds have better luck posting signs or word of mouth and doing driveways. time is money and the little plow would cost to much to hire.

5. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

i was referring to the going rate for MY setup, i am in the process of trying to get driveways now but just thought i'd see if anyone needed help. i've done commercial for many years and smaller rigs are great for loading docks, semi occupied parking lots, and sidewalks on large properties. i also am experienced, which cuts down the worry factor for an employer ( dont have to be worried if a newbie is gonna smash a car, tear up property, or even answer his phone at 2 a.m. when its time for work ) thanks for your opinion though; duly noted