1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

experience with wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by get-er-done, Dec 7, 2010.

1. get-er-done

get-er-done Junior Member
    from Ontario

Thinking about putting wings on western 8.5 and 9.5 do they work that well!

2. Propony

Propony Member

Yes sir...bought 3 sets for my trucks this fall and got to use them for the first time last week....I should have done this along time ago. They ROCK!!! We cut our time to clear lots by 40%.
  3. get-er-done

from Ontario

Can u drive down the road with them on
  4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

not on a 8.5ft plow
  5. get-er-done

from Ontario

Wuys that. western claims 30 percent more effiecent.
  6. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

What brand did you go with?
  7. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman Junior Member
    from S/E MI

get er done are you considering putting prowings on a v plow? I think that is a v I see in your pic. I have a 8.6 and a 9.6 vplows and was wondering the same thing.

Propony are any of your plows v plows?

Thanks for any info. I had pro wings on a 7.6 western and I thought they were great. The aded width and the angle making the scoop had me thinking that they might be a bennifit on a v.
  8. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

They work fantastic on V plows! I have been plowing snow since 1972 and had never used them untill this year and couldnt imagine how they could cut time down by 30% but they DO. You would never imagine they can make that much difference. As soon as you understand them while windrowing you will NEVER need to go back and clean up any of those "spill overs" lines we have all been chasing for years. Cleanest plowing you have ever done! Check to see if Western has a set that goes right onto your plow! Theres are identical to the Fisher ones and no doubt the ruggedest ones made!
  9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

For that model plow, yes they are.

Great thing about wings is the angle that they lean in at. Much like a Power Plow, you can use that leading wing design to take larger windrow passes, and scoop more snow up.

Well worth it in my opinion.
  10. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

had ours on a 8ft pro plus and a employee bent the hell out of them western wouldnt warranty them due to abuse even though they were only a month old but he did bend them about 8 inches from the way they were suppose to be
  11. ford26

ford26 Junior Member

Love them!
  12. get-er-done

from Ontario

Thanks guys you've made my mind up. Going to order a pair. My tundra has no problem pushing a v-plow full of wet or light snow so I figure it will handle them just fine with the added snow volume.