1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Expanding & Taking on a new person

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dmjr77, Feb 23, 2007.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I have been presented a unique opportunity in regards to my plowing & property management business. Most likely I will have a guy come on that knows how to plow and do carpentry work which will expand my services. If he comes on, should I give him equal decsion making power (50%) or should I give him less so that he does not try to tell me how to run my business? Any help would be appriciated
  2. LMG Masonry Inc

LMG Masonry Inc Member

Don't share power with anyone. Pay them hourly or by the job. Make them sign a no compete clause so they don't take your contracts. If not you may be sorry. Besides are they going to compensate you with the money you have in your biz and pay 1/2 the bills?? payup :dizzy: payup
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Let hime work for you for awhile and if it al works out then maybe a partnership could be formed down the road. Don't jump too quickly.
  4. maxkicker

maxkicker Junior Member

seems like you answered your own question

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Just pay him and hang a carrot infront of his nose that if he keeps it going well you will think about more. Go from there. I am sure you didn't get a ticket to easy street why should he? Just making a post here and there getting my feet wet. Got to take some pictures of the machines and get them up soon. Just my 2 cents. Dean
  6. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

Don't do it. Been their, done that, it didn't work. This is what I wanted to do to my ex partner after six months.:gunsfiring:
  7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

"Yes maam, we'll have your driveway plowed and your basement framed and sheet-rocked by morning." :D
  8. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

someone else on here couldn't have said it better, "partners are for dancing".