1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Expand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pert Snow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

Hey guys I wanna try 2 get a little bigger, although here in long island we've not had such great winters i wanna try. RIght now i do a condo complex and thats it. The super there does sidewalks and has his own plow sooo... I do make a great buck though. I wanna try to pick up some drives and some smaller parking lots. I am willing to do side walks and walkways with the drives. I do not have a sander, think this will affect my chances???? I used to have about 12-15 accounts but it was too much so i sold it and now i wanna get bigger again. Any suggestions? (Note) I have 1 truck with a western and 1-2 other guys with there own plows. most likely my son is going to take over in a 2 or 3 years and I wanna start him on a good note.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Well, If you've already been there...what the hell do you need us for?

Suggestion: Pay for Insurance, Bid @ a competitive price, not a low price. Don't ever have contracts where the others (the superintendent) other than your own operation/subs/employees do the work.

Or course you know more than me, since you used to be "big"

JMO

3. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

i forgot 2 mention a big part..woops that i was a sub for a bigger company so they werent my accounts sorry 4 the unconvinience

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

So how in the hell do you sell another contractors accounts?...

You did say that you "SOLD" the accounts.

Hell if I could sell the guy Im subbing for accounts...I'd be a freaking rich man.

Your story is not adding up...storyteller.