1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

expand?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frndinalowplace, Aug 16, 2005.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

Did anyone expand this year.What did you add? alll i added is a piece of crap toro snowblower that is self propelled as in my self propells it ne ways it was free hope to c sweet pics of ur expanded fleeet

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I expanded my route by approx 50%. Does that count? payup

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I expanded my snow biz by getting GL and Comm Veh. Ins. By incorporating, hiring a lawyer to review my contracts, and searching for a spreader.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Expansion huh?

Does around the waistline count?? ;)

Ok ok ok.... Since last winter (as some of you already know) I purchased a second 1-ton 4x4 dump truck, a second Boss 9'-2" V-plow, an 8' Flink V-box salter (this V thing is a recurring theme methinks... ;) ), an International B275 diesel tractor with loader and 6' snowblower for stacking, loading salt, and 'backup', and as of yesterday, I got a power-sweeper for the tractor off ebay for a whopping $25!!! :D

I have also arranged for renting/bartering for the unused building next door to use for the winter (approx. 30x60' with three roll up doors), and have a tenative driver for the second truck.

Soon, if I get enough time to myself longer than a sneeze, I will get off my duff and start quoting jobs for the second truck! I know one of my residentials moved.... but have been offered a bar/pool hall and banquet hall next door to each other already...

Today was a bad day for my S15. Made the mistake of telling it that I was going to fix the fuel leak (at $1.02 per liter, can't afford it!) and replacing the slow starter this weekend.... it said 'thankyou' by having the starter crap out entirely, and having a mysterious dashboard electrical failure as well. I am hoping that replacing the starter will magically fix the dash as well, but I doubt it!

5. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

any one else i might also add a snowex 575.what do u guys think..

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a great lil spreader easy on easy off, and real easy to forget its back there with the tailgate closed.
    Todd