1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exodus to freedom

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DaveOhio, Feb 18, 2005.

1. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

Snow management group, at its height, grossed 1.128 billion and took on the Winter Olympics in Utah. John Allin posted freely on this site and was a moderator, if I remember correctly. As the Uncrowned King of snow removal, he could do no wrong. Others sucked up to him and “laughed” at his every grunt like that imbecile on Howard Stern. Where art thou, Dino?

Surrounded by sycophants and charlatans, folks were as jealous then as they are now. Keep snipping at him you all, he’s in his ’06 Escalade with prototype Western Vee. And yeah, it’s a company truck. His critics? Stuck in 1990s F250s (w/o timbrens).

Sianara and AMF.

I’m switching to ************.com like John did.

2. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Let the people be heard

I also see where threads have been removed. Let the truth be known. If this site will not allow the truth to be posted it is time to leave.

Dave

3. Kathleen

Kathleen Junior Member

To DaveOhio -

Pls check those numbers. You are WAY off base in your estimates. I bet there is no Escalade involved.

Thanks,

4. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

The Plow

A western Vee proto, with gold plating, silver trim. It has diamonds running on top of the deflector shield, The Markers are made of solid brass, with a titanium cutting edge, His name is engraved on each bolt. the controller is voice activated. (ex. Plow vee, Angle left, up, down,........) The chain too is gold plated tri colored white, yellow and silver. It is mounted on the truck with a high powered electric magnet he can connect and disconnect it with the touch of a button. He doesn't even have to get out of the truck. Oh yea I forgot to mention that it is heated & there are little wipers on the plow lights.

LOL

5. PAPLOWER

PAPLOWER Junior Member

what?

What's going on here and who is allin guy?
    CAN'T WE JUST GET A LONG?????

6. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

I forgot

I am not posting anymore,

By the way about the plow I was kidding.

7. QCPride

QCPride Junior Member

You may be kidding but that was funny as H***l!!! :)

8. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Tonys Response

There are 3 things sad about this response Tony:

1. A company made profit at the expense of others.
    2. You think you are exempt from being treated the same way others in your organization were treated. I believe if things get tight no one is secure in there position.
    3. I can believe the Caddy remarks.

The teachings of area management are failing in our area. Some companies won't survive this season as this area management theory is flawed. The area management company make money, the customer has his lot clean but the contractor that does not get his full monies will be the casualty.

Dave

9. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

DaveOhio, your comments are funny in nature they have no Merritt to any discussion here. Its all been said before and anyone involved knows what the truth is. Enough already....Rob

Ps no Im not defending JAA its just all been said before and theres no point going on with this.

10. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

John Allin In Michigan
    I remeber back at the begining of the month that it was requisted if anyone knows where John Allin of Symbiot is making an appearance to let you guys know. Well he will be at the Novi Expo Center in Michigan. He will be there on March 2 giving two presentations. First from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. as the "Keynote speaker" and again 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m on "Dealing with Success" It's $15 for non members of MGIA to get in the door. The expo is on novi rd. just south of I-96.

Tony what's this all about? The Symbiot Lear is heading for Michigan.

He's out trolling for subs!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  11. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Anybody got pictures of that v-blade setup. I wanna buy one for my wife.
    It would make a great birthday present, don't ya think. Dimonds! Girls best freind.

12. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ever wonder why SMG / J. Allin have no business in Indiana ?

Yep, theres more than -1- King of the snow business. :jester:

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Kathleen, you are correct, those numbers aren't anywheres close to accurate.

Question for you seeing the other thread was deleted (funny how that keeps happening). You stated I shouldn't judge until I've heard both sides of the story, I agree. Have you heard both sides of the story? What I mean is the story from the contractors who have been ripped off?

I would love to hear SMG's side, but all I have seen is threats or warnings and deleted threads. I have not seen one honest, forthcoming reply from anyone employed by SMG? I'll agree with most of the guys who have said that everybody falls on hard times, etc, but be honest about it! Just tell the people you owe money that you are having a hard time and that you will get ALL your money.

Is that too much to ask?

14. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

How Long?

How long before this thread disappears............

15. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

By deleting these posts it is gives a ton of credibility to the people claiming to be ripped off. I take it this site or someone who is a mod is part of the company in question. If that's the case and they have not done what has been alleged why not welcome an open discussion from both sides? By deleting the posts it makes people on the outside (like me) of this controversy think hey maybe its true since its being censored.

I have asked some questions on a couple of post and after each post was deleted. I was on the fence regarding this topic but now I don't know. I tend to think the guys deleting the posts don't want the truth to get out or at least thats the way it looks.

16. Mark Oomkes

I'll put 5 bucks on tomorrow by noon. lol

Anybody else want to put money on it?

17. Kathleen

Kathleen Junior Member

Mark Oomkes and scuba875 -

I have heard both sides. I doubt that anyone involved with this site is an employee of SMG. I am sure the mod's don't like any kind of bashing on the site. One day you will hear both sides and you will realize that the "bashers" have not been completely honest. SMG has never hidden anything but people will always "spin" the story. This forum should be the place to have a civilized discussion but we all know that this will not happen, nor is right to have this discussion at a seminar. I am not choosing sides but again you have to know both sides of the story.
    There can be a civilized discussion.

Thank you,

18. Mark Oomkes

I will take your word for it. I am more than willing to hear the other side, but once again, all there has been is silence from JAA and threats from current SMG employees and threads that have been removed by request from current SMG employees. I have yet to see one 'civilized' post regarding this situation from the 'other' side. I believe I have read every one of John Bank's posts and none of them have been 'uncivilized'. He has just been giving his side of the story and warning other potential subs of the possibility of problems with SMG. If I am wrong, please show me and I will admit it.

I would still like to know if there is any untruth in his statements, why there have not been lawsuits filed for slander? Threats maybe, but no actual suits?

I am also curious as to why there are so many contractor's that have had the same problem with SMG, i.e. lack of full payment? It is not just John B, he is probably the most vocal, though. If he screwed up on a contract, do you think he would be this vocal about not receiving payment due to his own fault? I guess it's possible, but John B strikes me as an intelligent person that would not open himself up to that.

Which brings up the question, why did SMG sell out to Symbiot? If every thing was going fine and there were no major problems, why sell out? And then if the contractors are at fault, why were they offered even 75% of the work that was performed? If I screwed up that bad, I wouldn't ask for payment for any of the work.

Oh well, now you can see where I am coming from. At this point I am going to have come down on the side of those who I know personally, of which John Banks is not one of them, but I know several of the others and trust their word.

BTW, I have actually met JAA, but I'm sure he doesn't remember me.

I'm probably going to continue watching, but not respond anymore unless there is something civilized that comes out of the 'other' side because this is going nowhere.

19. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Kathleen I agree that there is always two sides to every story and usually the truth lies some where in the middle leaning to one persons side or the other. My point is that by censoring the discussion it makes the claims appear to be very valid. It doesn't help that people like Tony come on and bash or take cheap shots at anyone who claims to have had a problem. It doesn't help the companies position and as a manager he represents the company. If that is how the management acts then what does that say for the company in general. From an outsiders view it just doesn't add up.

20. Kathleen

Kathleen Junior Member

Mark Oomkes and scuba 875 -

Thank you for keeping this civilized. I can tell you that the people who have been told both sides do have a better understanding of the situation. Please keep in mind that I am not siding with either party. I cannot vouch for how either party has acted in this matter but please remember that tempers come into play here and that always hurts any situation. This is the first time I have viewed a somewhat "civil" discussion on this matter and I hope that other people take notice. The true reasons for what happened will come to lite and you will see what truly took place.

You should hear the other side.

Thanks you,